Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to reality....(Kelly)

Time to get back to the normal routines now that the holidays are over.  No more running around for the perfect gift or making desserts for parties.  It's Jan and I have to say it's one of the worst months of the year because it's just blah.....it's winter and it's cold and dark.   I really really want spring to come sooner this year - hopefully the winter won't be too bad. 
Our New Year's Eve run was great - over 200 runners and they had a good spread of food and drinks.  The sweatshirt is cool too and it was a warm night for Dec 31st at midnight.  Got to watch the fireworks going off in the backround as we ran around the Linc so that was cool.  Afterwards was a long drive to the mountains with a quick stop off at the reststop where Roy Rodgers and Starbucks were CLOSED!!!!!!  Open 24 hours my ass!!!! I don't care that it was New years's eve/ day....I wanted some damn ckn and a hot choc.  Anyway go the mountains about 3:40am ish and crashed.  It was a good weekend with nice weather.  It was still nice out Sunday night so I had to get a quick 2mile run in and today it wasn't bad out so I took my lunchtime and ran 3.5 miles.  Can't let the winter blues slow me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment