Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring where did you go? (Kelly)

Ummmm....so where is Spring?  I thought last week was going to be a good indication of great weather ahead and then this week winter decideds it didn't want to leave.   I had the Phillies 5k fun on Saturday and I was hoping for warmer weather but at least the sun was shining.  My family came out to cheer me on in the freezing cold which is always a great feeling.  Jenn came down with me in the morning and was my bag lady - holding everything for me.  She stood out in the cold way before the race and waited around after the race for the post race party and while I got in line for my home plate photo.  The run was completely flat but my ankles were killing me - I think I need to find a sports doc to check out why my ankles hurt so much.  Maybe I can change my shoes or technique - something because I don't want to be doing damage to my ankles. 

Despite the pain I was in I managed to have one of my best times 27:55 and 745 out of 3000 runners. I have to say I was a little disappointed in the Phillies for thier run.  I have been to enough runs now and they really didn't have a lot going on.  They had only one mile marker and that was a small sign....no timing out on the course and you got a water and a banana.  I mean come on it's the Phillies!!!!  They could afford mile markers and timers on the course plus a pretzel or hot dog plus other give aways.  I've been too much smaller runs with better shirts, give away bags, and after race refreshments.   I'm going to give them a pass this year since it was the first year but they need to step it up next year.



Oh and this is a great game!!!  Went to my girlfriends house last night and we played this game all night......it was a workout and so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the weather! It is crazy! Maybe next year I'll run this race too... Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete