Sunday, June 21, 2015

Working out!

So on Saturday we went to a workout class at Urban Fit.  This is a 6 class Spartan train class.
It will help us get in better shape and teach us how to do the obstacles. Our Instructor was great I can't wait till the next class. I have only done one spartan and that was last year at Blue Mountain.
I was suppose to do the Citizen Bank Stadium one but I hurt my back and had my husband do it!
This Year we are getting our Trifectia. Which is running a Sprint, Super and Beast! All three of these will be Mountain runs which means lots of up hill.
At the workout yesterday I surprised myself with some things that I thought I wasn't able to do and I did them,
I was very proud of Kelly that she climbed the rope. I couldn't I think I froze. I was afraid to lets go of the rope with my hands and just swung there. I talked to my husband and I think we are going to look at my tree out back and see if we can put a rope in it to climb. I would be very excited to do that! I am also working on him to build me a wall. That is something that intimidates me when I am looking at it. I got over the 4 and 5 foot one...I would like to get over the 6 foot on without help. that may be a stretch since I am only 5'2" but something I can work on.
So now my plan is lots of running up hills and more weights(which is what I have been doing but want to make sure i get 3 days a week at least).
Here is a video of what a spartan Race looks like.....yes we are crazy and yes we are nuts!
Blue Mountain Spartan

No comments:

Post a Comment