Sunday, February 27, 2011

Du Du Du-athlon training (Kelly)

So we (Jenn & family & me) went to the Edurance Sports Expo yesterday - it was cool.  Lots of vendors and all kinds of stuff. Rides and runs to sign up for ( I ignored the swim part b/c there is no way I'm getting into open water).  One of the vendors was from CGI racing for the upcoming (July) women's tri-du athlon in Philly.  This is the race I wanted to do 2 years ago but never trained for it.  It's a 2mile run , 17 mile bike ride, and 3.1 mile run all along Kelly Drive in Philly.  2 years ago I didn't know if I could run 5 miles total - I knew I could bike the 17 miles now 2 years later I know I can run 5 miles soon to be 10 miles fingers crossed but can I ride and run in the same day within mintues of each other???!!! That was the question and of course typical me I decide go head first into it today.  It was a nice day and I still had a lot of tax homework to do for class that's due tonight at midnight (yeah I'm still doing it) so why not go out and ride and run?!!!  Seems like the right thing to do.....

So earlier this afternoon around noonish I went for a 20mile bike ride along the VF trail - now you have to understand I've done this ride probably 100 times and it's really flat but of course I hadn't been on my road bike outside since last summer so needless to say it was a painful ride.  The first 10 miles weren't so bad but coming back with the wind killed me.  My neck hurt from not being use to the ride and my knees were killing me SOOOOO what to do next??.... go running of course.  I didn't have to run until Jenn was home from work so I had a few hours but I think I needed more like a few days.  Still I went running at Mondauk park - nothing to big just 2 miles but I felt like my ankles were going to shatter.  I feel okay now but I just know I will be paying for this tomorrow. 
Well you gotta start training sometime....let's just hope it gets easier next time and that by the time July rolls around I'll be running and biking like I was born to do it.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment