Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lost and Found....(Kelly)

Okay so it's been over a month since my last post hmmmmmmm what has happened???!!!  Laziness that's what  - oh and some nasty storms.   So since my trip to Florida I decided to do what I think a lot of people do during cold winters - STAY INSIDE.  My membership expired at the gym, my bootcamps have been over, and it was either too cold or too much snow and ice to really run more than a mile or two a week.  Yes these are excuses but it is what it is.  

Now I did sign up for Broad Street!! Yep 10 mile run May 1st so I can't allow myself to be lazy any longer.  I haven't ever run more than 5 miles yet and now I only have 2 months to train to get up to 10 miles ---- ahhh!!!!!  So starting more seriously this week ( I have run a few times since Jan 11th) I've logged about 16 miles of running (Sun - Sat)

The last 5 miles were run today at the Frostbite 5 miler in Ambler.  I waited till Thrusday to sign up and was put on the waitlist secretly hoping that I wouldn't get in but low and behold I got an email Friday morning saying I was in.  It was 70 deg on Friday so I was all for it and since it was nice I decided to go for a walk/run at VF park.  Big Mistake - HUGE .... see I'm a believer in the take the day off before a race but sometimes I like to think I can do more than I should so I went out because I just had to enjoy 70 deg in Feb while my poor little ankles and legs were hurting this morning.  I said to myself while I watched people's lawn items and trash cans fly down the street in 50mph wind gusts that I'm NOT doing this run. It wasn't worth it - I hurt and it was too windy to run 5 miles.  Race started at 9am and it was 7:45am and I thought well I already picked up my packet and bib and I did take someone else's spot on the wait list so let me just soak my feet and ankles in some epsom salt and see how I feel.  So at 8:10am I decided I'm doing this! It's days when you don't want to do it that it's even more important to follow through and do it.  Got to the race at 8:45 and made it through the 5 miles in 46:20 - less then a minute off my last 5 mile time - not bad!

So I've signed up for a few more runs  to get me ready for Broad Street. You might be thinking running is free why sign up and pay for all these runs?  Well 2 reasons for me - 1 the runs are for charities so my money is helping out and 2 it makes me accountable and keeps me running.  So you got to find your motivation and do what works for you.

Well I've babbled enough tonight - I promise to keep up with this blog as I journey towards my goal of 10 miles of running!

Also if you are looking for some beautiful one of a kind handmade jewelry check out -
http://www.etsy.com/people/KhanCreations?ref=ls_profile
I got the two pieces below and I just love them!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment