Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SheRox!!!! (Kelly)

I am sooo happy to see that SheRox is going to be doing the Duathlon again this year.  I'm registered in the Du as of today and can't wait for Aug 5th!!  I did this last year and had a lot of fun but it was hard and I didn't train as well as I could have- -- and also at that point last year i didn't know what was wrong with my ankles except they felt like they were going to break.   Fingers-crossed this year that I make it to August with no ankle issues.   
So the Du is 2 mile run , 15.5 mile bike ride, and then a 5K - I have to say I was very nervous last year because I didn't know what to expect - - it ended up being a really fun time. There are really all levels there - - - women all geared up to women on what I would call boardwalk bikes - also all ages - its just a great day with women of all ages and fitness levels.  
I'm also sooo happy that Jenn can do it this year......I won't have to make my poor dad get up at 4am to go down with me - - - - although I still might make my parents come to cheer me on.   So now my goal is to get Jenn riding enough so she doesn't kill me for getting her to sign up for this - - - we need to get her a bike so if you know anyone looking to get ride of a hybrid or road bike let us know ( I don't know Jenn's size yet but those who know her know she is a short little thing =)     )     - - official training will commence in June after Broad St.

So excited!!!!! Now just need to find a good MudRun to do ....... maybe I'll pick up some good info at the Endurance Sports Expo this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment