Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Still Alive, Still working out just a lazy writer.....

Hey it's me, Kelly, yes I know I've been away for a long time and its all because I'm a lazy writer - - I get going and then I fall off but I wanted to write a note to catch up.  Some things have happened since my last post -- - I did do a duathlon (running and biking) which I loved except for the fact that my ankles were in so much pain I could barely walk let alone run but I finished it  - taped up ankles and all and hope to do one again this year. Before that event I didn't do a lot of training again because my ankles hurt and after the event was done I just stopped all together - it hurt to much.   I didn't have a lot of motivation - my ankles hurt and I didn't know why and I lost my partner Jenn - - - she as you know was pregnant and couldn't run.  I'm good at sticking to something I put my mind to but I'm better at it when I have a partner in crime so I got lazy - stopped working out all together and ate and ate - - hey it happens!

 Sept rolled around and I thought lets try running again only this time I could barely go 1/4 mile without being in pain - and I mean the type that felt like my ankle was going to break so I decided to call up a sports medicine dr. and make and appt. - - turns out I had post-tibular tendentious and a seriously strained ankle bone almost to the point of a stress fracture - - the cure - a lovely boot and no running for about 6 - 8 weeks. So I wore my boot and sat and sat and ate and ate - - - boot came off and I was given the ok to start to try and run but very slowly - - at this point it was November and my motivation was completely gone - I had run in months and the last memories I had of running was pain so I wasn't too thrilled about trying it again - - - then it was getting cold and I HATE cold weather  - - Jenn loves cold weather so she would drag my ass out in the winter to run last year and this year I didn't have her there to get my ass up.

 Now I'm not one to weight myself every day but I know when I"m adding weight by my clothes and by christmas things weren't fitting the way they should and I was just feeling crappy so with the new year approaching , Jenn ready to give birth(I blame this on Jenn b/c I had sympathy weight gain )  and the Broad St to look forward to (among other goals I have set for myself) I decided to get back on the bandwagon and start training again and doing my best to eat better.  I joined LA Fitness and got back into spinning (which I love) and running on the treadmill (which I hate) and doing some other classes (more classes to take but need to wait for Jenn b/c I don't want to embarrass myself and need Jenn to look ridiculous with me  - like Zumba and Aqua Fit w the old ladies).  I also got back into Weight Watchers - I know its not for everybody but for me it does work and it does teach you some good lessons - this time I did the online version because you can download apps to your phone - so I logged on from my computer, iphone, and ipad so no excuse to miss writing anything down or missing any good tips and recipes. It's been 4 weeks and I"m down 9.2lbs.   It hasn't been easy I'm not going to lie - I love to eat and I have had to pay attention to what I eat but I've still had my treats like pizza and cake and pastas just in better portions then I normally would have and I've been working my ass off at the gym.
Well I have rattled on way too much - - - have a great day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment