Saturday, November 27, 2010

1,2,3,4....5!!!!!

So I ran 5miles today - only my second time running 5 miles.  It was cold and I was by myself but  I did it in 49mins.  Sometimes you gotta just go out and do it.  I didn't want to go by myself and I had a million excuses I was coming  up with once my partner skipped out on me but I just went and did it.  Sometimes you gotta just shut up and do it - no excuses just run and run I did 5 whole miles!!!!

Here's the thing I was thinking about while I was running today. First god damn it's cold, second why do people (me included) always find ways to get out of exercising when we are busy?  If we are busy we always say okay I won't work out today because I have things to do and that's not an excuse that's real - I'm too busy but WHY??  Working out should be a priority not something you do because you've done everything you wanted to do today.  This is part of the problem with Americans and being lazy or just complacent (sp) about our overall health. I think everyone should try and change the way they look at working out. Sure it's not always fun but it should be part of your day just like eating, showering, making food, cleaning, etc...  When you make a list of things to get done for your day working out should not be something at the bottom to do only if you get everything else done - it should be right up there at the top of the list.  You might have to get up a littler earlier or take a half hour at of the middle of the day but get it done - you know you'll feel better about it when you are done.

I took the rest of the day after the run to take a quick nap and clean my whole house so I could decorate tonight.  Almost everything is done , just need to decorate the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment