Monday, November 22, 2010

The journey begins......

My name is Kelly and my partner in crime and fun Jenn has beaten me to getting this setup.  She's starting to beat me a lot in things which is great (she beat me in swimming with just kicking our feet in our swimming adventure on Sunday - which makes no sense because she can't swim and she's shorter than me =)  ) We wanted to start this blog as a place for us to write about all our "adventures" and as a way to motivate ourselves and if it helps anyone else out along the way even better.   Anyway I'm 33 (ahhhhh) and I work full time plus I'm going to school for my degree in Accounting.  I'm married and have the best dog in the world - a 5yr old Golden Retriever named Molson.  He's not very active so he's not a good workout partner, in fact he's best activity is sleeping and being precious.   
I get in workout modes and I try to stick to them but like everyone knows it's so easy to fall out of that workout routine that's why it's great to have Jenn there to keep me going. We both motivate each other and get the other one going when one of us wants to quit.   It's not always easy and we aren't always the best at sticking to plans but we do what we can.  Right now my biggest workout is running and now that I have Jenn running with me it's AWESOME.  Running by yourself is not fun , actually running is not fun but for some reason I just want to do it.  Since it's getting cold we are doing some cross training with out running like spinning ( secretly this is how i'm going to get Jenn to do a biathlon with me in July but shhh don't tell her) and since Sunday running in water to strengthen our muscles without all the impact. 
Well need to get back to work....will post more about different workouts and just things that come up like tips or things we've tried and like or don't like.  
Speaking of liking I'm obsessed with Subways new breakfast sandwiches....soooo good and if you get the egg white ones they are good for you points-wise if your into weight watchers.  (that's my free promotion for Subway today )  

No comments:

Post a Comment